Tomorrow is try 2 for surfing lessons... last week I drove here and we had lightning so we rescheduled for this week. I hope I can get my time in the water this week. I'd hate to have driven to Florida twice for no reason.
Tags:

From: [identity profile] frostfalcon.livejournal.com


I had a good time and managed to get to my feet a few times. I plan on trying again but I need to wait for a bit since I have a tooth extraction Friday. Of course if I enjoy it as much as I think I will it makes the case for staying south a bit stronger. The cost of living, being able to get to a number of beaches in less than an hour, and the fact that I have a steady job all are good things... but the people here... sometimes I wonder about them and their lack of open mindedness.

From: [identity profile] a-phoenixdragon.livejournal.com


I'm glad you found another reason to enjoy the area, though I totally get how PEOPLE can make or break that. And it sounds like the people are rather awful. It is just the level of awfulness and what you are willing to tolerate.

*HUGS*

From: [identity profile] frostfalcon.livejournal.com


I wouldn't say awful just very ignorant... I gave up explaining the vaccine is not going to chip them or give them the mark of the beast. If they really wanted to chip people then dental fillings work better they have more room. I think if I were closer to the city it would be better but rural Georgia folks are kinda a whole different culture. I had a good time and met several very nice people in Jacksonville, FL. The parks there are great and there is stuff to do that doesn't involve fishing, guns, or cheap beer...

From: [identity profile] a-phoenixdragon.livejournal.com


Yeah, alas that is a few states in that region. And honestly, why bother to chip anyone when EVERYONE has a cellphone? LOL.

I'm glad you were able to have a good time - and yeah, Florida has plenty to do without all the stuff they are known for amongst the southern states. :D
.

Profile

frostfalcon: (Default)
frostfalcon

Most Popular Tags

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags