I swear 75% of my family is a bunch of "Science isn't real" nut jobs and the rest of us just don't even want to try anymore.
I got into an argument with a friend who got vicious and went for my throat when I pretty much agreed with 99% of what she said in here first post, but I get the feeling that she didn't actually read my post in response... I am hesitating unfriending her on FB. All I can think is she either really didn't really read my post or she just wanted to blow up at someone and I was convenient.
She posted that the local area was doing a bike safety class for kids. I said I wished they do that here for some of the adult riders, since even with bike lanes in the entire community I have been clipped by bikes while running on the sidewalk three times. She went off on how an adult driver clipping her on a bike will kill her...
Now I never said anything about driving, until much further down in the exchange. I was a pedestrian on the sidewalk, no vehicle involved other than the bike that hit me... I was told she wouldn't even muster the feeling to apologize for damaging my paint and I should save the bike shaming and that she rides on the sidewalk to be safe from drivers like me... I mean WTF? I was in shorts, sneakers, and a tank top, she mentions a 2000 pound machine and soaking went in my clothes I come nowhere near that and the "paint damage" was several inches of skin that got peeled off when the bike knocked me down and the guy took off without even asking if I was OK, the other two times I managed to stay upright but was bruised across the hip/back and they took off too.
One of a runner's worst fears is being hit by a car and getting hit by a bike isn't great either. Pedestrian's have been seriously hurt and have died from being hit by bikes and somehow me walking/running on the sidewalk makes me the bad guy? Sorry but I looked up the local laws and on the sidewalk pedestrians have the right of way and bikes need to yield to us.
So do I try to reason with her and explain that I was a pedestrian and not driving when I was hit by the bikes each time or do I give up and remove her from my friends?
I got into an argument with a friend who got vicious and went for my throat when I pretty much agreed with 99% of what she said in here first post, but I get the feeling that she didn't actually read my post in response... I am hesitating unfriending her on FB. All I can think is she either really didn't really read my post or she just wanted to blow up at someone and I was convenient.
She posted that the local area was doing a bike safety class for kids. I said I wished they do that here for some of the adult riders, since even with bike lanes in the entire community I have been clipped by bikes while running on the sidewalk three times. She went off on how an adult driver clipping her on a bike will kill her...
Now I never said anything about driving, until much further down in the exchange. I was a pedestrian on the sidewalk, no vehicle involved other than the bike that hit me... I was told she wouldn't even muster the feeling to apologize for damaging my paint and I should save the bike shaming and that she rides on the sidewalk to be safe from drivers like me... I mean WTF? I was in shorts, sneakers, and a tank top, she mentions a 2000 pound machine and soaking went in my clothes I come nowhere near that and the "paint damage" was several inches of skin that got peeled off when the bike knocked me down and the guy took off without even asking if I was OK, the other two times I managed to stay upright but was bruised across the hip/back and they took off too.
One of a runner's worst fears is being hit by a car and getting hit by a bike isn't great either. Pedestrian's have been seriously hurt and have died from being hit by bikes and somehow me walking/running on the sidewalk makes me the bad guy? Sorry but I looked up the local laws and on the sidewalk pedestrians have the right of way and bikes need to yield to us.
So do I try to reason with her and explain that I was a pedestrian and not driving when I was hit by the bikes each time or do I give up and remove her from my friends?
Tags:
From:
no subject
*HUGS*
From:
no subject
From:
no subject